Thursday, July 19, 2012

OH MY COD!


Ørnes: Fishing!

Watch out world, I'm coming to catch your big and little sea monsters!

In Ørnes we went out fishing three times. Once from land, twice from the boat. I even got to drive - fun fun fun!
I had never been out on the sea fishing. I had never caught a big fish with a fishing rod.
The only fish I had caught were small Baltic herrings and perches with a worm based rod, and that's in lakes.

Ever so excited to head off to sea. Fishin some lil fishiessss, yeaaah!
Dressed up as a proper fisherwoman, too. Check out that cap - cool, in'nit!


10min and THEN THE MIRACLE HAPPENED!


O-OU, it is big. It is heavy. It is fighting against me. It is just going deeper, deeper, deeper. I need to  It is killing my muscles. I can do it. I can do it!


It's a freakin' SEA MONSTER! 1kilo sea monster!


Or maybe this was the sea monster! ;-)
We got a 7kilo cod. It was work to get it up from the water. My muscles were really doing a weeks workout there. But boy was it fun. The excitement when you are pulling the fish up without knowing what you are getting - other than it is massive. Then actually seeing the fish and being aware that yes, it is massive, it is a sea monster.
Words coming out of my mouth were a mixture of English, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish nonsense. Words after an other, no meaning other than the expression of amazement.

Who wants to go on a sea monster hunt with me? I think I'm hooked on fishing. ;-)

<3
Linda

ps: our total fishing amount was
fishing on land: zero
1st boat fishing try 1.5hours: 7kilo cod and two 1kilo something fish?
2nd boat fishing try 2hours: a little cod that we threw away and an eagle (!!!) ate it later as apparently it didn't survive and four something fishies, probably a kilo each

I thought it was a lot! But apparently it wasn't that much..at least so I was told. :-D

2 comments: